Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Linux

Submission + - Linux Vendors Need To Sell More Than Linux (itworld.com)

jfruh writes: "Mandriva, a venerale Linux distro, is on the verge of shutting down. One of its main problems is that it never grew into more than just an OS vendor. The big players in the commercial Linux space — Red Hat, SuSE, Canonical — all built Linux into their larger computing visions. Is there any room in the marketplace for just a straight-up Linux distro anymore?"
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Linux Vendors Need To Sell More Than Linux

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...